Thursday, August 1, 2013

This Month Is... (August, Day 1)

For the whole month of August I will venture into a whole new world of the 21st century unknown to my very generation, a world where there are adventures, heartache, exhaustion and fun! I declare that this month is to be the official housewife training month! Or at least for myself anyhoo.
   I will spend my month of August cultivating the skills of the olden days of when my grandparents were children. All the while I will wear only skirts or dresses and no pants or shorts. I will be the adventure of my lifetime, a time travelling excursion! Weeeeeoooooo! And for the first day! I will be making a lovely batch of blueberry jam with my Mum. I really hope it turns out... 
   Here are the lonely, dusty jars we will put our prizewinning jam in:



Now to start the blueberry crushing.




Here is the fruit of my labor!


Two beautiful jars of blueberry jam. 
I really expected it to make like 8 jars of jam but I guess 7cups of jam doesn't fill 7 two cup jar. Haha.
Honestly, his is probably the best jam I have ever tasted. Like, ever.

   Tomorrow, I think I will sew an apron. 
   Love, Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment