Tuesday, August 20, 2013

August, Day 20 - Photoshop, Decorating, and Sunglasses

   Good morning you beautiful person! Or good evening, depending on what side of the world you are on.
Today I have been thinking a lot, and I mean a lot. It is only 10:50am where I am and I have really been thinking about you and life. I would really like to get Photoshop. Why? Because then I can update my blog with a more welcoming format. I made the background with Picmonkey, the free version, so it's not really that impressive. Blah... My creative juices are begging to come out to possess their full glory! I'm going to make a goal to purchase it at the farthest of December. That's when I manage to scrounge up enough pennies to buy something nice.
   I really enjoy Photoshop because there is just so much stuff you can do with it. Once I start fooling around with it I have a really hard time stopping. It's an addiction to me. I bet you're probably thinking in your head, "if she doesn't own Photoshop, how does she know she's addicted?" The answer is that I have friends that have bought Photoshop and I have been privileged enough to use theirs. The best part though is that you can get it a whole bunches cheaper with a student ID card and since I'm still a student... BAM! I totes get it cheap! I hope I can get it sooner than December though... Well, I don't know actually. It might result in being the biggest distraction of all time from my school work. Maybe I should take a Photoshop course and then it would be part of my schoolwork. That would be a good plan, I think.
   After I get photoshop, I could post free backgrounds and graphics for you. I absolutely love making backgrounds. I think it's mostly because I love changing my background a lot and there aren't enough backgrounds to go around and feed my background every week or every day. Maybe I should make this as a part of my job... hmm... I think I will have to give it a try!
   So I don't know about you but with my love for decorating comes a desire to do something with my composition notebook for this next semester. This notebook needs some love and care:



So what I'm going to do is modge podge some pretty scrapbook paper to it. I just really need to buy some Modge Podge. I can't keep using up all of my sister's. It just isn't right. So, I should really look at the prices of it and see if I can squeeze it into my budget, then I can decorate everything!! I wonder if it comes in oil based. My sister's is water based but I know that water based stuff tends to wash off with water and I like my prettys to be *ahem* more permanent.
   I wonder what my next lesson in Art 10 is supposed to be. I'm going to peek... Hang on...Okay, so it is a drawing project. I have to practice foreshadowing. That is probably going to be a little bit more difficult than the last project. Are you taking an art class? I would absolutely love to see some of your work! Let me know in the comments if you want to show me!
   So a while ago I decided that our lovely book room needed to be cleaned out and used only as a storage for books and not for other random things that don't have a place in our house. I spent 3 whole days cleaning it out, vacuuming it, organizing books by genre and just making it a nice place. I had it tip top condition other than the things that there really wasn't any room in the house for it at all. It was a nice spot. I even wanted to bring a chair in there because of such a nice dusty atmosphere of books. Needless to say, my work no longer shows. It has gone back to being a storage dump for the rest of house things... *cries silently* One day I think I will endeavor to clean it again. Maybe soon, maybe not. I miss having a clean book room that I could just go into for some good reading and writing time. *sigh* Anyways! During that whole crisis of cleaning, I found these lovely sunglasses:



No one in my family wanted them so I claimed them as mine! It excites me! My favorite part about them is that they are PINK! and I absolutely love the color pink. It is just such a happy color.  
   I must be off now. I have to finish studying for my chemistry test.
   Love, Mary xoxo
  

No comments:

Post a Comment