Tuesday, August 13, 2013

August, Day 13 - Exercise, Singing and Back to School

   I have come to the conclusion that I should probably lose weight. Well, maybe not lose weight per se but at least get healthier. Because of my love for baking I tend to eat unhealthy a lot of times. Don't get me wrong, I'm not really fat. I just think I could healthily improve my size 6/8 self. I also have this little part of me that misses being a size 3 and 103 pounds (Which is still healthy for my short size!).
   So what are some good ideas for this new venture?


  1. Walk Carter (My fluffy pooch)
  2. Limit how much I slather mayonnaise on everything...
  3. Have at least 2 servings on vegetables (Which might be hard because I'm not particularly fond of them.
  4. Do 10 burpees every day (Because they exhaust the stink right out of me)
  5. Experiment with healthy recipes to make it more exciting
  6. Bike ride anywhere I need to go in town or just for fun
  7. Go back to weight lifting
  8. Drink green tea
  9. Drink more water
  10. Eat a serving of fruit a day (I don't think jam counts...)
  11. Stretch twice a day
  12.  Add less sugar and cream to my coffee
  13. If I crave chocolate, eat a little bit of dark chocolate instead
  14. Eat some walnuts or almonds more often
I found this article about 52 little healthy changes. I might have to do some of them.

   I have really been wanting to do music covers on youtube. I keep on thinking about it lots and I just never get around to it... Maybe I should set a goal! Hmmm... Well maybe not. My schedule is already too full to just put in a mandatory due date for my performance ventures. I'm thinking about doing the song If I Die Young by The Band Perry. I really like that song and I think I could do it well. Maybe, just maybe... I think I will print out the chords and lyrics to it and see if it comes about in my life. Should I play my guitar or ukulele for it? Decisions, decisions...

   Okay, I know this is going to sound silly. I got my student photo ID card today! Why am I excited over that? Well, because I've been homeschooled for most of my life and it wasn't really required for everyone to have a photo ID card, only the paper one without a picture. The photo one is also laminated all nice. I was talking with one of my good friends who is under the same home school board as I am and she was telling me about how she got a discount on Photoshop because she had a student ID card and I was flabbergasted because I didn't know that you could get the photo ones under my school board. Crazy business, eh? So the plan is that I shall be getting Photoshop and possibly the Elements program too because I've sparked an interest in video production.
    The card also excites me more because it is 19 days until the first of September!!! Then I shall officially be starting school! I have already been doing my school work but the first of September is the start of that school schedule I have constructed and showed you in a previous post. I think a week before the start of September, I will tell you what I got in preparation for school, including all the apps I use and such. I'm kind of an app-aholic.
    Now, back to my summer school work!
   Love, Mary xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment